Soybean Resources and Publications
The 2016 Nebraska Crop Budgets include 69 crop production budgets for 15 crops as well as information on crop budgeting procedures, machinery operation and ownership costs, material and service prices, and a crop budget production cost summary.
These budgets were developed and edited by Roger Wilson, extension farm management/enterprise budget analyst; Robert Klein, extension western Nebraska crops specialist; and Jessica Johnson, agricultural economics extension educator. Contributing to the budgets in their specialty areas were: Robert Wright, extension entomologist; Tamra Jackson, Loren Giesler, and Stephen Wegulo, extension plant pathologists; Paul Jasa, extension engineer; Robert Wilson, weed management specialist; Gary Hergert, Soil and Nutrition Management Specialist; and James Schild, extension educator in Scotts Bluff and Morrill counties.
Note: These budget projections were created using assumptions thought to be valid for many producers in Nebraska; however, each farming operation is unique. These budgets are being released in both Adobe PDF and Excel worksheet formats. The worksheet format allows producers to modify them to match their specific situation. The danger of releasing a tool that can subsequently be modified is that there is no way to verify whether alterations were made or unrealistic data was entered. Users of this tool are responsible for independently verifying all results prior to relying on them.
|Cropping System||PDF Format||Excel Format|
Soybean Decision Tools
These Excel worksheets are designed to help producers make planting decisions. Cost inputs are for representative NoTill budgets using price estimates. They are provided for demonstration purposes only as prices are extremely variable at this time. Producers need to use their own price estimates and should independently verify all results prior to making their planting decisions.
- Corn or Soybeans after Corn
- Sorghum or Soybeans after Corn
- Corn or Soybeans after Soybeans
- Sorghum or Soybeans after Soybeans
- Corn or Soybeans after Wheat
A web-based app for calculating the costs for owning and operation a center pivot system.
- Cash Rent Increases: When is the Right Time to Give Up a Lease? by Tina Barett (July 29)
- 2015 Nebraska Farmland Values and Rental Rates by Jim Jansen and Roger Wilson (June 24)
- Production Costs Matter by Roger Wilson (May 20)
- The Importance of Reference Prices in Decision Making: An Application to Commodity Marketing by Fabio Mattos (April 29)
- Financial Outlook for Production Agriculture in Nebraska by Kate Brooks, Cory Walters, Brad Lubben, and Dennis Conley (April 8)
- Fuel Prices and Cost of Production by Roger Wilson (March 18)
Farm Bill Update
U.S. Department of Agriculture Reports
- Nebraska Rural Elevators Cash Grain Prices
- Omaha-Council Bluffs Spot Truck Bids
- Eastern Wyoming-Western Nebraska Elevator Grain Bids
- Daily Grain Market Summary
- Grain Market Weekly Review
- World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates